How To Move Your WhatsApp Chats From Android To iPhone
What Do You Need To Transfer Your WhatsApp Data From Android To iPhone?
To transfer your chats from your Android phone to your new iPhone with the conventional method prescribed by WhatsApp itself, you will need the following specifications:
- In your Android device, you must have Android OA Lollipop, SDK 21 or higher, or Android 5 or higher.
- iOS 15.5 or above on your iPhone.
- Move to the iOS app installed on your iPhone.
Please note that the usage of other data transfer apps is not allowed by WhatsApp and, thus, will cause migration issues.
- Continually, you must have WhatsApp version 22.214.171.124 or above installed on your new device.
- Also, you must have WhatsApp version 126.96.36.199 or higher installed on your old device.
- You must also be using an iPhone that is brand new or reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app.
- Also note that you must be using the same WhatsApp phone number for the two devices.
- Both devices must be connected to a power source.
- Finally, both devices must be connected to the same WiFi network, or you can connect your Android phone to your iPhone’s hotspot.
Can I Transfer My WhatsApp call History?
How Can I Restore My WhatsApp Chat?
If your WhatsApp is already active, and you skipped or missed an import option on your new device, follow the steps below;
- First, delete the WhatsApp from your iPhone.
- Re-register for WhatsApp on your former Android Phone.
- After that, start a new transfer with move to iOS on your Android phone.
Also note that, it is not possible to merge your old and new WhatsApp history.
What If My New Device Has A Different Phone Number?
What If The Move To iOS App Failed?
If you experience any problems of this kind, contact the Apple Support Team.