How to Enable Snapchat’s Dark Mode. The use of dark mode on your mobile and desk devices poses some benefits to your eyes. Straining your eyes at night when using your phone is very common because of the lights released by phones. The blue light released from the screens of devices can make it difficult to sleep at night. Thanks to several mobile platforms, such as Snapchat, which enabled the dark mode system for users.
How To Turn On Snapchat’s Dark Mode On Any Device
Now, let’s understand what the concept of “dark mode” means and why it is important for your mobile and desktop devices.
This is also called night mode. It is a setting where the color scheme of an app is made darker. The dark mode is also called bedtime mode. This is a mode that people put on during the lights-out period. The dark mode is available for most mobile devices. It is also available on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
The next part of this article will reveal how to turn on the dark mode feature on Snapchat on different types of devices.
How To Enable Snapchat’s Dark Mode On iOS
Snapchat released the dark mode feature for iOS devices in October 2019, a few weeks after the feature was added to iOS. Enabling this feature on iOS is very simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your iOS Snapchat application.
- After doing that, go to your profile by clicking on Bitmoji on the top left corner of your screen.
- After you have done that, select the gear icon in the top-right position of your screen.
- Then, scroll down and click on the appearance feature.
- From the options given, choose “always dark.”
These are the major steps to enable dark mode in Snapchat if you are an iOS user.
How To Enable Snapchat’s Dark Mode On Android Devices
Snapchat’s Dark Mode feature has not been enabled for Android users. The best way to go about this is to turn on the “general dark mode” of your device from the display settings. The steps given below work for phones such as Oppo, Vivo, Realme, and OnePlus.
- First of all, go to the settings on your phone.
- After that, move to display and brightness.
- Then, tap on the dark mode settings.
- After you have done that, click on “dark mode for third-party apps.”
- Scroll down and toggle the gear on Snapchat.
The steps given above work only for the devices listed above.
Does Dark Mode Increase A Device’s Battery Life?
Some people use the dark mode feature because it enables their battery to last longer than normal. Since the other option requires very bright colors, it may require more battery power to run.
Will Android Users Be Able To Use Snapchat’s Dark Mode?
Yes, it is possible. Although we haven’t found any records of plans for Snapchat to add this to their settings, it might be in their plans for upcoming updates. However, you can suggest this to Snapchat from your app. Here’s how you can do it from your app:
How To Make A Suggestion Or Report A Bug In Snapchat
To make a suggestion to Snapchat, follow the steps below;
- Open Snapchat.
- After you have done that, click on “my profile” and click on the settings icon.
- After that, scroll down and click on “I spotted a bug” or “I have a suggestion.”
- Now, you can choose the part of your app that has the report.
- After you have done that, describe the bug or make your suggestion and add an attachment if you have one.
- Finally, click submit.
Please submit as many details about your problem or suggestion as possible.