What are chrome cookies? I’m sure you’ve been coming across the term accept the cookie when you’re browsing the internet. But what exactly does it mean and how can they be cleared? These cookies that you accept while browsing, can be deleted. Yes, that’s right. You can decide to delete existing cookies, allow or block all cookies and also set preferences for some websites.
Before we move on to how you can clear the cookies of your device and browsing history, let’s know what they mean first. Clearing them is very easy and you can do it with ease and rest your mind.
Cookies are files that are created by websites visited by you. These cookies make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With the chrome cookies, sites can keep you signed in, remember your preferences, and also give you locally relevant content. However, have in mind that there are two types of cookies. Before we proceed on how to clear the cookies, let’s talk about the types of cookies.
Types of Cookies
As I mentioned earlier, there are two types of cookies that you come across on chrome and they include;
- First-party cookies are created by the sites that you visit. The site is shown in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies are created by other sites. These sites own some of the content, like ads or images, that you see on the webpage you visit.
Yes, those are the types of cookies you can find. Now, let’s talk about how to clear these cookies.
Clear Cookies on Chrome
Chrome cookies are great due to how they function and make it easier for you to browse the internet. However, there comes a time when they need to be cleared because your browsing might be disturbed due to them accumulating too much. Clearing cookies are very easy to do and can be done on whatever device that you’re using.
How to Clear Chrome Cookies
Follow the instructions below to clear the cookies from your chrome browser;
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Then at the top right, click More and then Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Cookies and other site data.
- Click See all cookies and site data and then Remove all.
- Confirm by clicking Clear all.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More and then Settings.
- Tap Privacy and then Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Check “Cookies, media licenses, and site data.” Uncheck all the other items.
- Tap Clear Data and then Clear.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app.
- At the bottom right, tap More and then Settings.
- Tap Privacy and then Clear Browsing Data.
- Check Cookies, and Site Data, and now uncheck the other items.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data and then Clear Browsing Data.
- Tap Done.
There you have it and actually, there’s more you can set for the cookies on chrome. Visit Support.google.com for more information.